The course is structured in a step-by-step fashion, starting with the basics and moving onto specialized classes. Class topics:
Week 1: Yoga Foundation
Get a solid foundation for your practice by getting the basics right. Learn Sun Salutations, fundamental poses breakdown how to transition between poses while flowing with your breath.
Week 1 Classes:
- Yoga Foundation (31 min)
- Joint Freeing Mobility Sequence (12 min) NEW!
- Breathwork and Meditation (15 min) NEW!
Week 2: Hamstrings, hips, lower back
Loosen tight hips and hamstrings and increase hip flexibility and mobility. Also great for alleviating and preventing back pain.
Week 2 Classes:
- Hamstrings, Hips, Lower Back Class (45 min)
- Quick Hip Mobility Class (13 min) NEW!
- Yin Yoga for Hips, Hamstrings, Back and Shoulders (15 min) NEW!
Week 3: Core Work and Posture
Strengthen your core to improve posture and stabilize your entire body to prevent “wobbling” during runs which can lead to injuries
Week 3 Classes:
- Core Work and Posture (43 minutes)
- Gentle Spine Warm-up (14 min) NEW!
- Seated Posture Improvement Postures/Movements (15 min) NEW!
Week 4: ITB and Hamstrings
When your iliotibial (IT) band is tight, just about any kind of knee movement can become painful as the IT band is pulling your knee out of alignment. This class focuses on stretching the ITB and hamstrings to prevent knee pain.
Week 4 Classes:
- ITB and Hamstrings (31 minutes)
- Self Massage + Foam Roller Sequence for ITB and Hammies (11 min) NEW!
- Quick Post-run Flow (15 min) NEW!
Week 5: Strengthening Glutes and Core
Glutes are the powerhouse muscles that surround the pelvis and are responsible for propelling us forward when we run, and keeping our legs, pelvis, and torso aligned. Strong glutes are essential for running your fastest and remaining injury-free.
Week 5 Classes:
- Strengthening Glutes and Core Class (31 min)
- Lengthened Torso Stretch (18 min) NEW!
- Yin for Glutes (15 min) NEW!
Week 6: Quads and Hip Flexors
Knee pain, lower back and other joint issues can be caused by weakness and imbalances in the hip joint. This week focuses on stretching and strengthening the quads and hip flexors to avoid these issues.
Week 6 Classes:
- Quads and Hip Flexors (45 min)
- Dynamic Stretches for Quads and Hip Flexors (12 min) NEW!
- Yin Yoga for Quads and Hips (22 min) NEW!
Week 7: Lower Legs, Ankles and Feet
Keep your ankles flexible and increase range of motion in your lower legs to avoid injuries like achilles tendonitis, calf strains and plantar fasciitis.
Week 7 Classes:
- Lower Legs, Ankles and Feet (52 min)
- Joint Mobility for Lower Body (12 min) NEW!
- Dynamic Hamstring Flow (12 min) NEW!
Week 8: Recovery/Restorative Yoga
Relaxing sequences to rehab tight and tired muscles to get your body ready for your next run.
Week 8 Classes:
- Recovery/Restorative Sequence (46 minutes)
- Gentle Full Body Warm-up (11 min) NEW!
- Full Body Post-run Recovery (10 min) NEW!
At the end of this program you would have gained the knowledge to put your own yoga sequences together for future problems and niggles that you may face.